Privacy & Cookies Policy
http://www.strathmore-water.co.uk is operated and owned by A.G. BARR p.l.c. (we, our, us).
Please take some time to read and familiarise yourself with this Policy. By using this site, you acknowledge the terms of this Policy which sets out how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information.
We are the data controller for the purposes of UK data protection rules. Our registered address is: Westfield House,4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld G68 9HD.
• What are cookies?
• What cookies do we use?
• How to control cookies.
What are cookies?
Where we use the word ‘device’, we mean the computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device you use to access the internet.
If you’d like to read more about cookies, we think this site contains a lot of helpful information: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx
We don't use any of our cookies to target you with online advertising.
Please note that not all the cookies on our website are set by us (see Cookies set by third parties below).
What cookies do we use?
We use two different types of cookie: Strictly Necessary Cookies and Performance Cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies - These cookies are essential. Without them, you wouldn't be able to move around our website or use its features. We use these cookies to:
• Allow your computer to be recognised within a website so any page changes, item or data selection is remembered; and
• Detect software on your device which enables content on our website.
These cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to our website.
Performance Cookies - These cookies aren't essential but they provide us with useful anonymous information about how people use our website. Without them, it would be difficult for us to understand how our website is performing and we may miss out on the opportunity to make improvements that could enhance your user experience. We use these cookies to:
• Obtain statistics about how our website is used (including which pages are visited most often and how users came to visit our website);
• Evaluate website performance; and
• Help us ensure that the content and features on our website are relevant for your future visits.
Here is a list of the main performance cookies we use and what each is used for:
What it is used for
How to switch off
This cookie helps us determine the number of unique visitors to our website.
These cookies are set by Google on our behalf.
See How to control cookies below for an explanation of how to switch these cookies off on this website.
You can also switch off these cookies across all websites (not just ours) by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This cookie helps us determine the referral method for people visiting our website. This helps us to analyse the traffic arriving at our website and to determine which are the most popular routes (e.g. direct, search engine search, email link).
We use this cookie to help us to record the length of individual sessions from our users on our website. Each time you move to a new page within our website within 30 minutes of arriving the cookie updates so that we know that you are still actively using our website within a single session.
Similar to _utmb, we use this cookie to help us record the length of individual sessions on our website.
Real time analytics cookie gs_p_GSN-561624-K Real time analytics cookie
These cookies are set by GoSquared on our behalf. See How to control cookies below for an explanation of how to switch these cookies off on this website.
How to control cookies
How to control cookies on this and other websites: You can use your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc) to allow, switch off or delete cookies on this and other websites. Each web browser is different so check the ‘Help' function of your particular browser to determine how to update your cookie settings. If you are having difficulty updating your cookie settings, we recommend the website: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx. It contains a step by step guide explaining how to update your cookies settings on most web browsers. Please note that, in a few cases, switching off or deleting cookies may reduce the functionality of or prevent access to certain websites (including this website).
Cookies set by third parties
We use a number of social media tools and external applications to enhance your interaction with this website - for example, we sometimes embed videos from YouTube. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third party websites for more information about the cookies they use. Please also see How to control cookies on this and other websites above for guidance on how you can switch off or delete cookies on other websites.
What information do we collect about you?
The type of personal information we will collect includes your name, age, e-mail address and other contact details. We collect personal information about you:
• When you visit our website;
• When you register with our website, subscribe to the IRN-BRU news feed or where you consent to receive news from us (see Keeping in Touch below for more details);
• When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
• When you enter any competition, prize draw or promotion that we run on this website;
• When you complete any survey that we place on this site;
• When you provide information to us in your capacity as a shareholder; and
• By using Cookies (see Cookies above).
In addition, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use your personal information to:
• Manage and improve this site;
• Tell you about important changes to this site;
• Respond to any enquiry or feedback we receive from you (including any enquiries we receive from you as a shareholder);
• Manage any competitions, prize draws or promotions that you enter on this site;
• Administer any surveys that you complete;
• Provide you with news about this website, our products, promotions and other content we think may be of interest to you where you have consented to receive this information (see Keeping in Touch below for more details); and
• Allow you to participate in interactive features of this site where you choose to do so.
Please note that where you contact us, we may keep a record of any resultant correspondence.
The legal basis upon which we process the personal data is that the above uses are in our legitimate interest. We will only use the information we collect about you where it is fair to do so.
We will only keep your information for the length of time we require it for the purposes we have set out in this statement. Except for in exceptional circumstances, we would not normally retain the information we collect about you for more than two years.
Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we have appointed a third party to perform certain functions on our behalf (including administering the competitions, prize draws and promotions we run on this site and providing technical services in relation to this site), where those third parties need to have access to your personal information to properly perform their function;
• If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of this site), may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner; or
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will never share any of your personal information with anybody outside of our group of companies for mailing or marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
We have put in place measures to ensure the security of the personal information we collect and store about you, and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure and/or access. However, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. As a consequence, any transmission is at your own risk.
Keeping in touch
We'd love to keep in touch with you to let you know what we are up to. We give you the opportunity to consent to receiving news about this website, our products, promotions and other content we think may be of interest to you when you register with this website. If you consent to receiving this news, we will provide it to you by e-mail.
This website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. This Policy only applies to this website. So, if you follow a link to the website of any third party, please be aware that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how these third parties collect and use your personal information. We strongly advise that you check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to request a copy of it. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us using our contact form at www.agbarr.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiries.
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information you think is inaccurate.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated in January 2018.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the personal information we hold about you by using our contact form at www.agbarr.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiries.
If you have concerns about how we process information about you then you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.